acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: microphone support

Hey Guys,

i also get no internal mic in. But are you sure the mic is not from the USB
cam?
I also have the problem that plugging earphones in doesn't mute the internal
speakers. After looking at
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt
i put "model=fujitsu enable_msi=1 power_save=10" to the module options.
Now, plugging earphones mutes the internal speakers.

As far as i get this, the correct pin usage of the sound chipset is read from
BIOS. There information is wrong (hey, we bought ACER).
But Windows would have the same problem. So the correct information must be in
the ACER windows drivers.
I THINK the pinout could be looked up in the Windows drivers and patched into
ALSA...