acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: microphone support

Hey Guys,

i didn't try an external mic, but the internal doesn't work for me either on
openSuSE 11.2-Milestone6 (Kernel 2.6.31, ALSA 1.0.20l). Also, plugging
earphones doesn't
disable the internal speakers (does Ubuntu have this problem?).
Either way, this is not a problem of Pulseaudio, or any other Soundserver, it
only affects ALSA. The snd-hda-intel module does not find the correct pinout
of the chip for the earphones switch built into the 3,5mm plug and of the
internal microphone.
I suppose the driver would have to be patched for the timeline series.
More information can be found on these sites: