acertimeline team mailing list archive

Fan noise

Hi list,

I got a new 3810tg and at least to me the fan seems to be too noisy. It's running all the time and the best I've managed so far is that the base level is quite acceptable but every three seconds or so the fan spins faster for a very short time (much shorter than one second). I find this very irritating. This was with the ati gpu. With the intel graphics card the fan spins faster all the time and the noise level is comparable to this six year old A31 Thinkpad sitting on my desk. To be honest, this is not what I expected when I bought an "ultra low voltage" notebook, so my question is whether this fan noise is normal or if I got a defective unit. Also, are there differences between the 3810t and the 3810tg regarding the fan noise?

Thanks,
Burkhard

Follow ups