acertimeline team mailing list archive

Re: Debian on 3810T

Am 25.01.2010 07:20, schrieb noah sawyer:
I had a similar problem when I tried to install Debian from the network. I don't think Debian ships with the network drivers that are required for the Timeline series (non-free drivers, or something), which sadly makes the network install moot. I'm not totally sure, though. Debian has a wiki page here: http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Acer/Aspire_Timeline_4810T. >From what I see, you need an internet connection to solve the problem. You could load the drivers onto a flash drive from another computer and then install them in debian, possibly. You would probably need a full system for that, though.