androidu1-users team mailing list archive

Re: Unable to build androidu1 on eclipse

Hi Guilherme,

2010/11/11 Guilherme Salgado <gsalgado@xxxxxxxxx>

> Oh, so https://launchpad.net/androidu1 is no longer the project where
> this code is kept?

That's partially true.

>  Maybe you could change the project's description
> to point to the new one, and probably disable this mailing list as
> well?

Not really. This is work in progress that has still not been announced, and
that will come soon :) Also, I have been advised to leave this mailing list
open, relating to ubuntuone-android-files, since we already have quite a lot
ppl registered, who are interested in the project development. Until we
decide otherwise, I will still inform you guys about the progress on this
mailing list :)

> I've done that, and it built successfully. :)
>
> However, I'd like to be able to use Eclipse for that and I thought I'd
> be able to after running the above setup, but apparently that's not
> the case -- I keep getting the same errors as before, with some new
> ones now.

If you'd like to use Eclipse, you have to use the maven setup (the link I
provided). Use this branch:

lp:~mkarnicki/ubuntuone-android-files/build-setup-maven<https://code.launchpad.net/~mkarnicki/ubuntuone-android-files/build-setup-maven>
The 'readme' text file is included with detailed instructions -- however,
it's not that trivial, it involves 2 other launchpad projects
(ubuntuone-storageprotocol and ubuntuone-java-storageprotocol). Good luck!

> Thanks for the help!

Mike