androidu1-users team mailing list archive

Re: Unable to build androidu1 on eclipse

2010/11/11 Michał Karnicki <mkarnicki@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Guilherme,
>
> 2010/11/11 Guilherme Salgado <gsalgado@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Oh, so https://launchpad.net/androidu1 is no longer the project where
>> this code is kept?
>
> That's partially true.
>

>>  Maybe you could change the project's description
>> to point to the new one, and probably disable this mailing list as
>> well?
>
> Not really. This is work in progress that has still not been announced, and
> that will come soon :) Also, I have been advised to leave this mailing list
> open, relating to ubuntuone-android-files, since we already have quite a lot
> ppl registered, who are interested in the project development. Until we
> decide otherwise, I will still inform you guys about the progress on this
> mailing list :)

Ok, cool.  I've built an apk using cmiller's branch, installed and
authenticated, but after some time refreshing it told me there were no
files.  Is that known?  Should I report it as a bug somewhere?

>> I've done that, and it built successfully. :)
>>
>> However, I'd like to be able to use Eclipse for that and I thought I'd
>> be able to after running the above setup, but apparently that's not
>> the case -- I keep getting the same errors as before, with some new
>> ones now.
>
> If you'd like to use Eclipse, you have to use the maven setup (the link I
> provided). Use this branch:
> lp:~mkarnicki/ubuntuone-android-files/build-setup-maven
> The 'readme' text file is included with detailed instructions -- however,
> it's not that trivial, it involves 2 other launchpad projects
> (ubuntuone-storageprotocol and ubuntuone-java-storageprotocol). Good luck!

I'll give it a try, thanks!