apport-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: Apport enhancement for PowerPC

On Thursday 10 September 2015 12:06 PM, Martin Pitt wrote:
Hello Kamalesh,

Kamalesh Babulal [2015-09-10 11:38 +0530]:
I am looking to enhance Apport, to collect hardware information about
underlying platform
when ran over PowerPC. For example PowerPC specific details under /proc/
like device-tree,
ppc64/* and output of commands like ppc64_cpu, lsvpd, lparstat and others.
We already have a hook /usr/share/apport/general-hooks/powerpc.py
which collects  this kind of information. Is something missing from
that? This was written By Thierry Fauck, see this bug for the history:
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1336462 . We haven't heard any feedback
about since then, but for sure there are always things which can be
improved.

Thank you Martin for the pointers. I will read through the bug and will
enhance incase some details are missing.

By reading through the Apport documentation/very limited code. My
understanding is that, Apport collects information pretending more
towards single application which crashed, along with hooks used to
collect information about the underlying hardware.
Right. You can have per-package hooks, or hooks which apply to all
packages (general-hooks/).

Martin

--
Cheers,