asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: 3D graphics performance

Hi Mikael,

I am getting from 2467 (lowest) to 2806 (highest) frames per second with glxgears (direct rendering is on).

Asus UL30A, Ubuntu 9.10 64 bits.

      Neehilo

mikael a écrit :
I am running Mandriva 2010 with KDE on Asus UL30 with intel graphics.
Even though people say that the
Intel GM45 graphics hardware has low performance, I am wondering if my
figures are not too low.....

glxinfo | grep render  ->  indicates that graphics is working as it
should:
direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset GEM
20090712 2009Q2 RC3 x86/MMX/SSE2

glxgears from mesa-demos package gives 250fps (with KDE desktop effects
on) and 350fps (with KDE desktop effect off).
Seams low to me...

What kind of performance are you getting ?

Mikael