asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: nvidia graphics drivers ul30vt model. confirmation?

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 20:06 -0700, Bill Broadley wrote:

> On 05/03/2010 01:11 AM, Kristian Grimsby wrote:
> > I can confirm that this worked for me.
>
> By worked you mean you could display X11?

It worked running nvidia provided display drivers for X! It ran like it
would if only the nvidia was there, seems like the Intel card is
disabled somehow.

It could be because the SATA settings in the bios seemed to free up some
interrupts- theories?

> That the nvidia was fast?

On my Intel card I got about 3 000-4 000 frames on the 'glxgears' run.
On nvidia I get around 15 000 - so yes, its waaay faster!

>  Or
> that you could switch from nvidia to intel and back?

Havent tried to switch back - but as mentioned earlier, hotswitching
will never work unless written into the core of Xorg

Hope this was clear.