asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: UL30vt and screen flickering/blinking lines

Edit /etc/default/grub and then run update-grub to update the (new in grub2)
/boot/grub/grub.cfg.

The line you're interested in is GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT. Mine is set to
the following:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="acpi_backlight=vendor i915.powersave=0 vga=792
quiet splash"

Jonathan Wagner