asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: UL30vt and screen flickering/blinking lines

Thanks, Jonathan, that seems to work.

(I'd still like to know how to set the cmdline of _one_ linux entry, rather than all of them, but that's just out of curiosity and not on topic here.)

Jonathan Wagner wrote:
Edit /etc/default/grub and then run update-grub to update the (new in grub2) /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

The line you're interested in is GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT. Mine is set to the following: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="acpi_backlight=vendor i915.powersave=0 vga=792 quiet splash"
Jonathan Wagner