asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

[Asus-UL30] Touchpad again

I had Fn-F9 working just fine in Karmic and I thought in Lucid (I'm pretty sure it was
working OK -- I use an external mouse a lot of the time). Now Lucid has the Elantech
support, and things work pretty well with the pad, but when I have a mouse plugged in, I'd
prefer to Fn-F9 it off. Noticed this week, likely after an update, that the fix I'd put in
to /etc/acpi/asus-touchpad.sh and the ./events/... were not working. Tried to check them
and put in suggestions from "Ubuntu Lucid on the Asus UL30VT - David Darts Wiki" (though I
have an UL30A2). No joy. I suspect there's been an update in some of the scripts and
possibly the various patches are fighting each other. However, if anyone has any
information, it would be welcome.

JN

Follow ups