asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: [Asus-UL30] Touchpad again

Hi John,

I've just updated the procedures on my wiki
http://wiki.daviddarts.com/Ubuntu_Lucid_on_the_Asus_UL30VT for
disabling/enabling the touchpad via Fn+F9  - thanks to Cierreics on
the Ubuntu Forums:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9328344&postcount=110

I have a UL30VT but hopefully this will work for your A2 as well.

1. sudo gedit /etc/acpi/asus-touchpad.sh

2. Replace the code with this:

#!/bin/sh
[ -f /usr/share/acpi-support/state-funcs ] || exit 0

. /usr/share/acpi-support/power-funcs

if (! test -x /usr/bin/xinput)
then
logger "Error: Please install package xinput to enable toggling of
touchpad devices."
exit 0
fi

# if this is the right behavior, then this should be moved out of acpi-support
# to hal (or whatever is replacing hal for such events)
getXconsole

XINPUTNUM=`xinput list | grep 'ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad' | sed -n
-e's/.*id=\([0-9]\+\).*/\1/p'`

[ -f /usr/share/acpi-support/state-funcs ] || exit 0

# get the current state of the touchpad
TPSTATUS=`xinput list-props $XINPUTNUM | awk '/Synaptics Off/ { print $NF }'`

# if getting the status failed, exit
test -z $TPSTATUS && exit 1

if [ $TPSTATUS = 0 ]; then
   xinput set-int-prop $XINPUTNUM "Synaptics Off" 8 1
   if [ -e /sys/class/leds/asus::touchpad/brightness ]; then
        echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/asus::touchpad/brightness
   fi
else
   xinput set-int-prop $XINPUTNUM "Synaptics Off" 8 0
   if [ -e /sys/class/leds/asus::touchpad/brightness ]; then
        echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/asus::touchpad/brightness
   fi
fi

Fn+F9 should now enable/disable the touchpad - if not, try rebooting.

David