asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Disabled nvidia card on Fedora

Hi!

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 on my UL30VT-A1 and after doing my research, took
the opposite approach; disable onboard video and run the NVIDIA card 100% of
the time (no switching at all). I'm yet to find out if there's a big impact
on battery life ... but in my case the options were to run both together or
just NVIDIA. If you are seeing both listed on lspci, they are active.

My battery life I don't think it's anywhere near 5 hours, and it's all
relative to what is being done, screen brightness, etc.I haven't paid much
attention to Windows so I don't know if it would give me longer battery
life.

The graphic card switching and sound over HDMI are still unresolved issues
for me. Hope a future kernel release addresses those.

Regards,
Heliel