asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Asus ul30 vt running ubuntu 10.10 meerkat

Greetings,

I've been running the beta version of ubuntu on my laptop and experiencing
the following symptoms, which occur *only on battery power*:

- Random hangs in boot and shutdown. Incredibly, shutdown resumes if I keep
pressing the power button and stops again if I release it (?!?!?!??!?!)

- Overall 'skippyness' in the system, from the touchpad to video, audio and
everything really, a few minutes after booting.

I supposed this is something related to power management. I've tried the
i915.powersave=0 which was necessary in lucid to make the screen stop
flickering but no success. These problems seem unrelated to the kernel
version.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Dinis