asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Random freezes and optional kernel parameters

 Hi

I have written here about random system freezes that requires hard reboot.

I think my freezes are IRQ-related. Do you use any optional kernel
parameters like 'noapic', 'nolapic', 'noacpi' etc.?

I tested kernel parameter 'irqpoll' to avoid IRQ-conflicts, but it
causes mouse lag. Now I'm testing kernel parameter 'noapic'. The sad
thing is that the system freezes every 2-10 days so this debugging is a
slow process.

Btw, is there any possibilities to stress IRQs to find unstability?

BR,
Tero Mononen

--
Tero Mononen