asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Power Usage

Thanks again Marco.
I have started but have a few questions:

1- *Changing display-settings:* Seems that I need to replace '*/lib/modules/$(
uname -r )/kernel/drivers/acpi/acpi_call.ko*' with '*
/home/heliel/acpi.call/acpi.call.ko*'  (that is my home dir and the acpi
folder will remain visible)

2- *Script?* : When you say "if you use the script" ... are you referring to
display-settings?

3- *Symlinks* : Use ln -s ? Just to be 100% sure

4- *Switching* : How do I accomplish booting to one or the other? You
mention BIOS, but all I can do there is change the IDE setting to compatible
or enhanced. Is this it? Compatible=NVIDIA, Enhanced=Intel?

 Kubuntu should not interfere with anything (I hope). I have already copied
the conf files to /etc/X11and after your instructions on the above will
continue the process.

 Thanks for your patience.

Heliel

PNG image