asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

[Hybrid-graphics-linux] State of ul30vt in 2022. Anybody out there?

Hallo there, I wonder if anybody still reads this and is still using this ancient laptop.
Long story short I tried to update from ubuntu 14.04 where everything worked, but unfortunately libraries were too old to keep up with ev4erything new and shiny.
Tried update to 16.04, but things went south quickly, decided to reinstall 20.04.
Had quite a few issues, the first is that the nvidia driver for the g210 is not compatible with modern kernels >5.4.
There is a solution to this with

ppa:kelebek333/nvidia-legacy

With a modified driver, this works. However, I have to run the machine with the sata set to compatibility because bumblebee won't work. If I run enhanced I can't even get the intel ones to start properly and get a login loop from the gdm.

Anyone else still using this laptop and have working setup instructions?

I can't even remember how to set up the brightness buttons for this anymore, but that is a minor problem.

Thanks in advance,

Matt.