banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: banking-addons general directions

Thank you Stefan and Joël for the valuable feedback.

For bank statements, I lend towards bank-statement-reconcile-70, if only
because it allows to kill the voucher (I've had my share of bad surprises
with vouchers in the past).

On the other hand, banking-addons-70 has a killer feature: SEPA credit
transfers (not mentioning several great features around bank accounts).

So to see if we can use both, I've created a proof-of-concept branch with
the simple goal of cutting the dependency between account_banking_payment
and the core account_banking module (which modifies bank statements
behaviour). Pulling the thread I ended up with the following:

- a new module account_banking_payment_statement that contains the
interactions between payment orders and bank statement imports
- renamed a few external ids in account_banking_payment that referred to
account_banking
- moved the Generated SEPA XML Files menu item to Payment Order menu to
make it independent of the Banking menu item that is defined in
account_banking

Before I continue, would you have a quick look at the branch to see if this
path makes sense and could ultimately be merged in a reasonable time frame?

The branch: lp:~acsone-openerp/banking-addons/ba-70-payment-statement-split

Next, I'll need to split account_banking in order to extract the bank
statement features from the rest. What's the best:
- create a new module such as account_banking_core
- or a set of more specific modules such as account_banking_banks
- or leave the core in account_banking and create
account_banking_statement?

Thanks again!

-sbi