banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Banking addons and customer payment requests

Hi everyone,

I'm working on integrating the OpenERP system of a customer with his bank for credit card processing. Each customer has a "credit card" bank account type and payment requests are regularly sent (in batch) to the bank for processing.

There's a whole system (which I still have to implement), where failed payments are retried regularly (possibly with an alternate payment mode) until they pass.

At first, I thought I could reuse code from Banking Addons, but the more I'm looking at it, the more these modules seem to be exclusively for the payment of suppliers and reconciliation of bank statements, not the collection of customer payments.

Am I wrong in my assumptions? If not, do you think that such a new system (customer payment collection) could have their place in Banking Addons? If so, how do you think it would fit best?

I have a couple of ideas, which I would be glad to expose to you, but I would just like to make sure that there's not something obvious I missed about Banking Addons and make myself look like a fool :)

Regards,
----
Virgil Dupras
Consultant en logiciel libre