banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

news on SEPA

    Dear OpenERP-community friends,

I'm writing here to give some news about SEPA and ask some functional questions.

As you probably know, I've been active on SEPA inside the banking-addons. I have developped :

1) a module for SEPA Credit Transfer : account_banking_sepa_credit_transfer, which is currently available in the main branch lp:banking-addons

2) a module for SEPA Direct Debit : account_banking_sepa_direct_debit, which is not yet in the main branch : the merge proposal is under review here : https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/banking-addons/70-sepa-direct-debit/+merge/195139 This merge proposal only received one (positive) review by one of my collegues. It would be great to have other reviews to that we can move forward and merge this. As you all know, the deadline for SEPA is February 1st 2014, so it's getting really close now.

These 2 modules are available for OpenERP 7.0. Some backports exists :
- The module for SEPA Direct Debit is available for OpenERP 6.1 : https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/banking-addons/61-sepa-direct-debit - The module for SEPA Credit Transfer is available for OpenERP 6.1 (in the main branch), 6.0 (https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/banking-addons/banking-addons-sepa-60) and 5.0 (https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/banking-addons/50-sepa-credit-transfer). These backported versions may not have all the new features available in the 7.0 branch... it depend on the date when the backport was done.

Following a discussion that took place in this merge proposal by Luc de Meyer who wanted to merge his own SEPA credit transfer module in an OCA branch
https://code.launchpad.net/~luc-demeyer/account-financial-tools/7.0-account_pain/+merge/192256
we organised a one day code sprint on November 21st with Luc de Meyer and me near Paris. During this code sprint, I added in the module account_banking_sepa_credit_transfer all the additionnal features that were present in Luc's module and I made other improvements : - add support for initiating party identification (this is required in Belgium), priority and structured remittance (structured remittance is often used in Belgium) - the requested execution date now uses the fields date_prefered and date_scheduled of payment.order - add module account_banking_pain_base, which is designed to serve as a base module for "account_banking_sepa_credit_transfer" and "account_banking_sepa_direct_debit". This module is currently quite small, but it should grow when we will refactor the code to mutualize code between credit transfers and direct debit - the 'convert to ascii' feature is now an option of the payment mode (enabled by default)

During this code sprint and following discussions I had with users of the SEPA modules, I have a number of questions/feature requests on the banking addons :

1) currently, when we create a new payment order, we cannot select a customer refund. After a rapid code analysis, it seems that the root cause of this is in addons/account_payment/wizard/account_payment_order.py, in the function "search_entries()", line 108 : the domain has "('account_id.type', '=', 'payable')", which excludes customer refunds. How should we fix this in the banking-addons ?

2) if you have several invoices to pay for the same supplier at the same time and you want to group them in one single credit transfer (to reduce banking costs for example) : - should we handle the grouping in the module "account_banking_sepa_credit_transfer" when generating the XML file ? - or should we handle the grouping at the payment line level ? If yes, do we already have a solution for this ? How should we handle this ?

3) What about the compatibility with the module account_payment_extension available in lp:account-payment ? It seems to me that there are a number of redundant features between account_payment_extension and the banking addons. Shouldn't we tell users that they should either use account_payment_extension OR the banking addons but not both ?

In my roadmap on SEPA/PAIN, I have the following, by order of priority :

A) get the approval for the merge proposal for Direct Debit : https://code.launchpad.net/~akretion-team/banking-addons/70-sepa-direct-debit/+merge/195139

B) once the merge proposal is merged, continue the work on the module "account_banking_pain_base" to mutualize more code between the credit transfer and direct debit, and add the new features added in the module for credit transfer during the Akretion-Noviat code sprint in the module for direct debit.

C) work on the non-SEPA credit transfer : for example, if I want to send a credit transfer from France to England in US dollars, this is not a SEPA credit transfer (AFAIK, it's not a SEPA credit transfer because it is not in EUR currency), but I should be able to use a PAIN file for that. I still need more information about how the XML file should look like in that case ; if you have some, let me know. Same question when I do a credit transfer from France to USA (they don't use IBANs in the US).

So there is a lot of fun stuff ahead, let's continue the work on the banking addons ! :)

Regards,

--
Alexis de Lattre

Follow ups