banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: Banking addons guidelines for 8.0 - a proposal

Dear Banking addons friends,

Le 10/10/2014 18:15, Bidoul, Stéphane a écrit :
If the community agrees on these conclusions, I would suggest the following as guidelines for managing the ports to 8.0:

  * deprecate OCA/account-payment (ie no 8.0 branch)
  * OCA/banking becomes the repository for payment interfaces
      o possibly renamed to OCA/bank-payment
      o only the payment part gets ported to the 8.0 branch (in
        progress [3] [4])
  * OCA/bank-statement-reconcile becomes the repository for statement
    completion and reconciliation
      o the statement import features in it are not ported to the 8.0
        branch
  * a new repository named OCA/bank-statement-import is created
      o it hosts a backport of odoo master
        branch account_bank_statement_import
      o as well as parsers and additional import features modules
        inspired by OCA/banking and OCA/bank-statement-reconcile 7.0

Looking forward to reading your feedback,

I fully agree with your proposal Stéphane.

Support for French CFONB via the account_bank_statement_import is already available in the French localisation for v8 : http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp-fr-core-editors/openerp-french-localization/8.0/files/head:/account_bank_statement_import_fr_cfonb/

I have been investigating some issues with the OFX format for start/end balance:
https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/3003
But, apart from that, the OFX import is working well and I see a lot of French banks that propose OFX files.

I am about to write a Paypal bank statement import (CSV format). That would be an additionnal module for the future branch OCA/bank-statement-import.

Alexis