bashareteam team mailing list archive

Guidelines concerning new translations and translators' pre-release notification

I would like to propose some guidelines concerning translations that
are included in the project:

- A new language gets included when at least 95% of the English
strings are translated.

- Before releasing a new version, all translators will be contacted
(through the translators group's mailing list), and they are given one
whole week (7 days) to complete/review the translations in their
language. Translators are encouraged to send a message to the mailing
list when they are done with their pre-release verifications.

- If a translation has dropped below 85% of translated strings, it
will be removed from the new release, and has to be at least 95%
before being included in the project again.
The day before the planned release, all the translations that were
included and are still >85% get refreshed from Launchpad, and new
translations that have attained 95% get included in the main branch.

Guido, what's your opinion about this?
Once we agree on the guidelines, I will officially publish them on the
translators' mailing list.