bashareteam team mailing list archive

Re: Does BaShare work properly with right-to-left (RTL) languages?

Yesterday I have installed the Hebrew locale, and tested BaShare in
Hebrew. It works just fine!
I have included 2 screen shots so that you can see it for yourself. Of
course, there are some places where the text is too long, but our main
concern of knowing if replacing "1&" with a variable would work OK (in
LTR languages it is "&1"). It apparently is not a problem, the
variables are correctly replaced!

We can thus import Hebrew in the source code! (I will do that tonight).

As a side note, whenever we add a new language (i.e. adding a new .po
file) we need to also include the compiled file (.mo) to the version
control, otherwise people launching BaShare from the source code will
not have it translated. I have not found a button in Gambas to compile
the file, so what I've done is go as if I wanted to translate the
program in Hebrew, add a space and then remove it in some random
string, and at that time Gambas creates the compile file.
Guido, do you know if there is another way to compile those translations files?