bashareteam team mailing list archive

Re: Removing the compiled .mo translation files from version control...

I have made a quick survey of some of the projects that appeared as
"Featured" on the Launchpad home page, and that use Launchpad both for
code and translations. All those projects only have the .po files in
the repository, no .mo...

Examples:
GnomeDo -
All the .po files are in the "./po" folder:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~do-core/do/trunk/files/head%3A/po/

Exaile -
All the .po files are in the "./po" folder:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~exaile-devel/exaile/exaile-0.3.x/files/head%3A/po/

PyRoom -
All the .po files are in the "./locales" folder:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~pyroom-dev/pyroom/trunk/files/head%3A/locales/

Gwibber -
All the .po files are in the "./po" folder:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~gwibber-committers/gwibber/trunk/files/head%3A/po/

I guess those are examples that we should follow. I have always heard
that only source files should go in source control, not compiled
files... And .mo files are binary files.