brewtarget-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Database and XML

We are doing database merges for updates. This allows us absolutely
certainty when updating the ingredients and recipes that ship with
brewtarget. The XML is absolutely painful and messy as a backend. Mik found
out the BeerXML spec does not even conform to XML!

As far as I'm concerned, the XML should only be used for interoperability
with other software.