brewtarget-devs team mailing list archive

Fwd: French translation

Hi!

Some of my french-only-speaking hombrewer friends are a bit puzzled by some
odd translations in Brewtarget (I personally use the english version most
of the time).

For example: IBU is sometimes used as-is, but also sometimes translated to
UAI (Unité d'Amertume Internationale) which is never used AFAIK, we stick
to the english-acronym. Some other translations are too literal and not
specific to the homebrewing field.

I'd like to update the french translation, but was wondering what is the
preferred method for this ? I started some work using Qtlinguist on a local
clone of the repo, but later saw that there is also a translation work
ongoing through launchpad...

Thanks,
Cheers,

Charles