budgie-remix-bug-busters team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1895720] Re: [SRU] Spotify cover art not showing in Raven
This bug was fixed in the package budgie-desktop - 10.5.1-6ubuntu0.2
budgie-desktop (10.5.1-6ubuntu0.2) focal; urgency=medium
Allow non-xkb layouts to appear and chosen in the keyboard applet
show-non-xkb-layouts.patch (LP: #1902317)
Display spotify cover-art
fix-spotify-album-art.patch (LP: #1895720)
Fix broken chrome-based notifications
chromium-browser-notifications.patch (LP: #1895697)
-- David Mohammed <fossfreedom@xxxxxxxxxx> Fri, 30 Oct 2020 22:14:52
** Changed in: budgie-desktop (Ubuntu Focal)
Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released
You received this bug notification because you are a member of ubuntu
budgie bug busters, which is subscribed to budgie-desktop in Ubuntu.
[SRU] Spotify cover art not showing in Raven
Status in budgie-desktop package in Ubuntu:
Status in budgie-desktop source package in Focal:
Status in budgie-desktop source package in Groovy:
* When using spotify to play music, the cover-art for the music track
should be displayed in Raven. At the moment it is not displaying.
* The reason is that Spotify changed the URL from where coverart pictures
are downloaded and shown.
* This patch fixes the URL to display coverart correctly.
* Using Spotify play a track.
* Open Raven - observe that the coverart is not displayed. You should
though still be able to use the play controls i.e. this confirms that
spotify through MPRIS is working correctly with budgie.
* Run software-properties-gtk from a terminal and Enable the proposed repository via the developer tab.
* Install the packages: sudo apt install budgie-desktop budgie-core libbudgietheme0 libbudgie-private0 libbudgie-plugin0 gir1.2-budgie-1.0 libraven0
* Logout and login.
* Repeat playing a track and observe the coverart should now be
(if the coverart exists) in raven. Also confirm that the play
controls work as expected.
* I suppose the worse case scenario is that now enabling the correct
URL to fetch coverart, those pictures could be sent or be corrupt in
some manner that could introduce instability in the budgie-panel (i.e.
* This is mitigated by upstream using this patch for 4 months now.
It has also been used in debian testing/groovy and other rolling
releases that use budgie. No adverse reports have been made on the
upstream tracker. So it is considered the risk here to be very low.
Description: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
What you expected to happen
Raven sidebar apps should show Spotify cover art
What happened instead
Spotify cover art does not correctly show on Raven when playing
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
Package: budgie-desktop 10.5.1-6
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.4.0-42.46-generic 5.4.44
Uname: Linux 5.4.0-42-generic x86_64
Date: Tue Sep 15 13:36:43 2020
InstallationDate: Installed on 2020-08-10 (35 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu-Budgie 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731)
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to: