bugsquad-mentorship-group-alpha team mailing list archive

Re: Looking for a task?

Il giorno gio, 05/05/2011 alle 11.53 -0700, Brian Murray ha scritto:
> On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 07:40:08PM +0200, njin wrote:
> > Il giorno gio, 05/05/2011 alle 09.42 -0700, Brian Murray ha scritto:
> > > I've recently found a fair number of package installation bug reports,
> > > these are tagged apport-package, that contain dpkg IO errors and
> > > messages in dmesg indicating that there are hardware problems.  I'm
> > > looking for some help working on these as the bug reports require some
> > > manual inspection as its possible the hardware error didn't happen at
> > > exactly the same time as the package installation failure.  I'd be happy
> > > to provide a list of bug reports, more detailed instructions on what to
> > > look for and a response to use if any one is interested in working on
> > > this.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > --
> > > Brian Murray
> > > Ubuntu Bug Master
> > Hello
> > I  was looking for it
>
> Cool, attached you'll find a list of bug numbers that are tagged
> apport-package and contain the string 'media error' in Dmesg.txt or
> CurrentDmesg.txt.  An example of the type of bug you should find in the
> list is http://launchpad.net/bugs/773721.  Although DpkgTerminalLog
> appears in the bug description.
>
> We can see that the package failed to install due to a 'short read on
> buffer copy' and looking at the end of Dmesg.txt we can see hardware
> errors trying to read from sda.  Again this likely means their hardware
> is faulty.
>
> I commented on the bug, tagged it hardware-error (so we can get a count
> of these types of bugs) and marked it Invalid.  However, based off
> discussions in the Bug Squad meeting today we should use Incomplete
> instead.
>
> There have been some false positives in the list,
> http://launchpad.net/bugs/742207, where the hardware error appears but
> isn't related to the package installation failure.  So please be
> cautious!
>
> I've also added a hardware-error response to the ubuntu-qa-tools bzr
> branch that you could use.  If you'd prefer a Greasemonkey response I
> could set one of those up too.
>
> Thanks for helping out!
> --
> Brian Murray
> Ubuntu Bug Master
Done, attached the list, now I need mentoring about this and if possible
a new task
Thanks
Fabio

LP: #675072  (closed, hardware error)
LP: #675624  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #676831  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #678397  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #687394  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #690317  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #691853  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #693971  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error, config.dat locked)
LP: #694262  (incomplete, update request, dup of 445852)
LP: #694420  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #700450  (Closed, hardware error)
LP: #702282  (incomplete, update request, waiting reply)
LP: #713509  (confimed, let it happy)
LP: #714858  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #715447  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #716408  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #716645  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #717296  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #718463  (Closed, false positive, waiting reply)
LP: #719467  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #719680  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #719832  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #723215  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #724157  (closed hardware-error)
LP: #726909  (closed hardware error)
LP: #727545  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #727546  (dup of 727545)
LP: #727547  (dup 727545)
LP: #727855  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #729277  (fixed reinstalling,no space left on device)
LP: #729688  (Fixed upgrading, hardware error)
LP: #732123  (incomplete, update request, closed hardware error)
LP: #732407  (closed, hardware error)