bumblebee team mailing list archive

Re: Bumblebee Precise packaging

Hi Bruno,

What do you think of blacklisting nvidia and nouveau by default? The driver
is unloaded
anyway when starting bumblebee. This change will also solve race conditions
with
nvidia being loaded in the middle of bumblebee's startup. There is a little
regression
chance since the driver cannot be used anyway on boot time. If it turns out
to be
an issue, the user can remove the blacklist and/ or manually modprobe it.

Peter