bumblebee team mailing list archive

Second screen on DisplayPort

Hi,

I've just installed bumblebee to save some battery when I'm traveling.
However, when my laptop (Lenovo T420s) is on its dock station, I use
two external displays (one VGA and one DisplayPort). It uses to work
well with the nvidia-current package but now I see only the VGA
display and the laptop screen; No displayPort anymore :-(
I was use to fix this by using either the displays setting from Ubuntu
(when I don't use the nvidia driver) or the nvidia-settings (when I do
use the nvidia driver). However, I can't use any of them with
bumblebee.

As I'm switching all the time between the dock-station (with two
external screens) and the laptop only, I'm looking for a solution that
can detect easily in which situation I am. Thank you for your help.

Here is the information about my system:
$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS \n \l
$ uname -a
Linux johan-ThinkPad-T420s 3.2.0-25-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 23
20:30:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

baseboard-manufacturer: LENOVO
baseboard-product-name: 4174PEG
baseboard-version     : Not Available
system-manufacturer   : LENOVO
system-product-name   : 4174PEG
system-version        : ThinkPad T420s
bios-vendor           : LENOVO
bios-version          : 8CET51WW (1.31 )
bios-release-date     : 11/29/2011

$ optirun -V
optirun (Bumblebee) 3.0

Best regards,