c4c-dev team mailing list archive

Large Binary Files

Guys,

Many of the C4C-Specific files really are huge, but none of them have much a chance of being updated, especially between major releases. Here's the top 7 potential packages - biggest first - (size after expansion/install):

662.5 MB The Gospel of John, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John in MP3. It's included because it is one of the best, if not the best book in which to start reading the Bible and it's wonderfully read and explained (as this church does), in order, verse by verse. This wouldn't even be possible to change or add to for years and years. 637.3 MB The Entire Old Testament in MP3, World English Bible (WEB) version. This will not be added to or changed. 303.8 MB Christian Music MP3s. There is a possibility that this may be updated - expanded only - if we get permission from additional Christian recording artists. But, they'd have to offer because I haven't asked anyone for permission to use their music in a good while. It took many, many months before I got as music as I did - and frankly, it was exhausting. If we get any additional music, we can certainly make sure we don't add it in until the next LTS release. 191.7 MB The pre-installed and indexed Bibles, Commentaries, Devotionals, Dictionaries, General Books and Maps for use with Bible Desktop and Xiphos. There is a possibility one or two modules will be updated between LTS releases, but we can still choose not to update our package. 170.7 MB The Entire New Testament in MP3, World English Bible (WEB) version. This will not be added to or changed. 54.6 MB OGG Videos. No reason we would need to change these videos - even add to them, except or until an LTS release.
30.5 MB SWF Videos. Same as the OGG Videos above.

Eric