cairo-dock-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #218327]: Actual dock and icons alpha is .5% transparent

Question #218327 on Cairo-Dock Core changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-core/+question/218327

Matthieu Baerts requested more information:
> I just wanted to be sure there were not any alpha settings that I was
unable to find like in a config file or something.

The only option about transparency is related to minimised icon.

Do you have this bug when you launch the dock with one of these commands from a terminal?
  $ cairo-dock -o
  $ cairo-dock -O
  $ cairo-dock -E

> I have been running it with OpenGL on for about a year with no issues
so I'm not sure what happened. I might purge and reinstall to see if
cairo with OpenGL enabled will work.

I think this bug is due to your video drivers. Did you try some experimental drivers? Did you add some experimental repositories/ppa?
Feel free to install the latest stable version of NVidia drivers by adding this ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates => https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+archive/x-updates

If you still have this bug, please report it to NVidia devs ;) =>
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14 and/or
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/98/

Cairo-Dock Devs, which is an answer contact for Cairo-Dock Core.