calibre-devs team mailing list archive

Re: lp:~llasram/calibre/oeb2lit ready for merge

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Kovid Goyal <kovid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> oeb.py currently errors out if the OPF file contains items in the manifest
> that dont exist.

Hmm.  I kind of think that's an error OEB-processing code should fail on, but
changed to a warning + work-around, along with a few similar conditions.

In order to log those warnings, I modified how LitWriter does logging too.
Instead of Having the LitWriter inherit from the LoggingInterface, both the
LitWriter and the OEBBook are passed the same LoggingInterface object -- which
seems more Pythonic to me anyway.  It would seem even better to me then if the
calibre logging objects could just provide the same interface as logging.Logger
objects.

> Also html2epub now splits on page breaks by default, so please add an option
> to oeb2lit to disable splitting.

Nothing in oeb2lit actually does splitting -- it just finds CSS-specified
page-breaks and adds their locations to on of the LIT indices.  I don't think
disabling that will help with much (we still need CSS processing to identify
block tags and areas of 'white-space: pre').

Above changes available in lp:~llasram/calibre/staging revision 1992.

-Marshall