canonical-isd-hackers team mailing list archive

Re: [Launchpad-dev] How do we fix the Launchpad's login experience?

On 09/24/2010 09:55 PM, William Grant wrote:
>>> working

>>> see
>>>
>>> This should point to login.ubuntu.com now really, I guess.  Oh, except
>>> it seems that login.ubuntu.com doesn't accept requests from unknown
>>> RPs?
>>
>> I do not think Lp accepted unknown RPs versions 1-3 of SSO hosted by Lp
>> required us to maintain a table or recognised RPs. I know the table was
>> in the version that ISD took, and assume something like it is in place
>> in Ubuntu SSO.
>
> That table allows authorised RPs to receive additional data (email
> addresses and teams, for example). login.launchpad.net still permits any
> RP to retrieve the identity URL.

Right, login.ubuntu.com has an additional restriction at the moment by
which it doesn't even provide identity URLs to unknown RPs.  The plan
was to lift this restriction eventually iirc, but even before then there
shouldn't be a problem with adding a recognised RP entry for LP we want
to start using login.ubuntu.com.

We can allow LP to use login.ubuntu.com and remove login.launchpad.net
at short notice if needed, though there are other communication issues
we'd need to look at for people that aren't used to entering their LP
creds into login.ubuntu.com (for non-ubuntu LP users as you mention
William).  Still it might be an option even before LP becomes a full
OpenID RP.

achuni.