checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

CEP-8 Update (v3)

Hey. It's time for another CEP-8 update:

- All of the parser related work is now finished. There's one unmerged
revision [1] but it was already past the initial review and I expect
it to land
- I've proposed a set of new APIs for working with data from test plan
units. I've specifically changed it from what I had earlier so that
working with multiple test plans is possible. This is the CDTS
use-case but I think it's okay to do it in general. The code is fairly
tested and readable [2] though I haven't tried using it for real
- I've started rebasing my earlier bulk and unitary method on top of
that, so that it is possible to work with multiple test plans.
- We now have test plans for CDTS and Certification [3], [4] that have
been reviewed by Ara and are both ready to land as soon as [2] lands.

Next week I'll focus on gluing this to plainbox run so that we can
verify the test report format and contents and I'll work towards
making it possible to use in checkbox-gui. The one risk there is we
need to remember (know) which test plans were pre-selected but this
knowledge, AFAIK, so far only exists in checkbox-gui (ironically). It
can be re-constructed in plainbox so I'm not worried at all, it's just
a matter of getting that done.

Thanks
ZK

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~zkrynicki/checkbox/cep-8/revision/3587