checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

On why we should not detect thunderbolt

Hey.

So my opinion on thunderbolt is that it is actually pretty good that
we cannot detect it. The last thing we should do is ask the user. At
the end of the day, we'll clone all the tests and replace the word
"display port" with "thunderbolt".

The only exception is the daisy-chain test which should IMHO follow
our dependency step process where we ask the user to setup a
particular configuration before doing a off-the-mill storage test.

Thunderbolt is display port. Let's not clone display tests because the
color and shape of the plug is different. Storage tests are different
because we're not testing thunderbolt. We're testing the add-on dongle
that adapts SATA or other storage device to work over PCI-E. This is
just a new shape for a storage controller card. We have tests for
storage. Nothing to see here, move along.

Thanks
ZK

Follow ups