checkbox-dev team mailing list archive

Re: On why we should not detect thunderbolt

On 25/03/15 12:42, Zygmunt Krynicki wrote:
> I agree there are some setup considerations.
>
> We should think about what we currently do (e.g. extra storage drive
> or thumb drive or blank/rewritable optical disk) and see how we want
> to handle things like this.
> My gut feeling is that we should have something other than a job and
> that for certification testing we should just do manifests and ignore
> all the mumbo-jumbo flaky detection. It's not worth it and it doesn't
> solve the problem. Let's focus on how to incorporate manifests into
> our workflow. Then knowing the canonical identifier of the machine
> being tested we can just load the manifest and test without flaky
> guesses.

I agree manifests seems to be the way to go. But this is a long term
plan, that I agree we should pursue, but not relevant to TB.

For TB, as we need the tests now, let's stick to the asking the user
thing for now.

Let's discuss manifest in parallel.

Thanks,
Ara.