clicompanion-devs team mailing list archive

Re: lp:~bdfhjk/clicompanion/sudo-control-add into lp:~clicompanion-devs/clicompanion/debian

On 10/01/2012 07:37 PM, Duane Hinnen wrote:

> I know going trough Debian is considered the 'polite' thing to do.
> Howeer some programs this is not feasiable or hard. i would include
> this in the later. Streamline it for UBUNTU ONLY. Then we can work on
> Debian inclusion later. This will get us into Ubuntu fastter.

Really?  How?  Do you know how massive the pile of stuff in REVU is?  Do
you have a way to avoid it?

> 1. rip out, AND SAVE, and code to make CLI Companion work with Debian.
>
> 2, Then resubmit for merge.

> We can then move ahead. I feel we are stagnating figuring out a
> problem with many opinions on how to solve.

Many opinions?  When was this particular issue last raised on the
mailing list?  When was there significant design discussion about this
issue on the project mailing list?

Until this team decides to work together as a team, little real forward
progress is going to happen, IMO.

Jonathan