Re: [Merge] ~harlowja/cloud-init:scm-version into cloud-init:master

So https://review.openstack.org/#/c/350861 is the addition to pbr for the 'deb version' so this imho makes me lean towards using pbr vs this package, and using either over a custom hand rolled version calculation scheme. Because with a hand rolled scheme, I'll still need to be translating the output of that hand rolled scheme into a RPM compatible form, which means, at that point a automatic version derived from git isn't offering that much value (because a human still needs to translate it) :(
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~harlowja/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/301727
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of ~harlowja/cloud-init:scm-version into cloud-init:master.