Re: [Merge] ~raharper/cloud-init:fix-lp1619423 into cloud-init:master

I'm highly confused.

Our thread there in the bug was:

>> @ryan is there any reason why cloud-init does not actually depend on the
>> package if it needs it to be functional ?
>

>I believe it's part of the ubuntu-server seed, so it's expected to be part
>of the server image
>Or at least the cloud-image, which of course includes cloud-init.

@ryan: well, if it breaks core functionality of cloud-init to not have it, then not having it as dependency is per definition a packaging bug ...

So, here I am putting the explicit dependencies on the package;  Scott says this is wrong;  you say I'm taking away the control of the seed.

Please tell me what I need to do so that when we include cloud-init it has the commands it needs to deliver it's core function (which I'm defining by the set of config modules it will run by default as well as tools needed to acquire data sources etc).

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~raharper/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/308555
Your team cloud init development team is requested to review the proposed merge of ~raharper/cloud-init:fix-lp1619423 into cloud-init:master.