cloud-init team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
cloud-init 0.7.5 released
I released 0.7.5 of cloud-init yesterday.
Source tarball is available for download from
Cloud-init 0.7.5 contains many improvements and bugfixes over 0.7.4 and
contained source code contributions from 14 developers. Thanks to all
those who participated.
Some new features of interest are:
* New datasources for CloudSigma and Google Compute (GCE)
* Native OpenStack datasource
* status written to /run/cloud-init/status.json for consumption by other
* support for 'vendor-data', which is essentially "User-data" provided by
the vendor/cloud provider. vendor-data is supported in NoCloud,
SmartOS, Azure and Openstack datasources.
The full change log is below.
- Add a debug log message around import failures
- add a 'debug' module for easily printing out some information about
datasource and cloud-init [Shraddha Pandhe]
- support running apt with 'eatmydata' via configuration token
apt_get_wrapper (LP: #1236531).
- convert paths provided in config-drive 'files' to string before writing
- Azure: minor changes in logging output. ensure filenames are strings
- config/cloud.cfg.d/05_logging.cfg: provide a default 'output' setting,
to redirect cloud-init stderr and stdout /var/log/cloud-init-output.log.
- drop support for resizing partitions with parted entirely (LP:
#1212492). This was broken as it was anyway.
- add support for vendordata in SmartOS and NoCloud datasources.
- drop dependency on boto for crawling ec2 metadata service.
- add 'Requires' on sudo (for OpenNebula datasource) in rpm specs, and
'Recommends' in the debian/control.in [Vlastimil Holer]
- if mount_info reports /dev/root is a device path for /, then convert
that to a device via help of kernel cmdline.
- configdrive: consider partitions as possible datasources if they have
the correct filesystem label. [Paul Querna]
- initial freebsd support [Harm Weites]
- fix in is_ipv4 to accept IP addresses with a '0' in them.
- Azure: fix issue when stale data in /var/lib/waagent (LP: #1269626)
- skip config_modules that declare themselves only verified on a set of
distros. Add them to 'unverified_modules' list to run anyway.
- Add CloudSigma datasource [Kiril Vladimiroff]
- Add initial support for Gentoo and Arch distributions [Nate House]
- Add GCE datasource [Vaidas Jablonskis]
- Add native Openstack datasource which reads openstack metadata
rather than relying on EC2 data in openstack metadata service.
- SmartOS, AltCloud: disable running on arm systems due to bug
(LP: #1243287, #1285686) [Oleg Strikov]
- Allow running a command to seed random, default is 'pollinate -q'
(LP: #1286316) [Dustin Kirkland]
- Write status to /run/cloud-init/status.json for consumption by
other programs (LP: #1284439)
- Azure: if a reboot causes ephemeral storage to be re-provisioned
Then we need to re-format it. (LP: #1292648)
- OpenNebula: support base64 encoded user-data
[Enol Fernandez, Peter Kotcauer]