Re: cloud-init removal of python 2.6 support, and python 2 deprecation plan

Thanks for raising this.
This is the sort of feedback I was after.
I'm not immediately opposed to supporting sles 12 in the way that we have
centos 6 for python2.6.

At what point do you think it would be reasonable to drop the 3.4 support
then?  Am I correct that you already have the next release of SLES (SLES
15) available.  I'm guessing it has a 3.6 or greater.

Perhaps we could say 3.4 support will be held for as long as python 2?
That'd mean users looking for new features from cloud-init would have had
almost 2 years to move to sles 15.

thoughts?