Re: cloud-init removal of python 2.6 support, and python 2 deprecation plan

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 09:25:53PM -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> > ## Python 3 versions. ##
> > cloud-init supports Python 3 version 3.5+
>
> Any chance we can drop this to 3.4+?

As a data point, the final release of 3.4 is slated for March 2019[0] (i.e.
_before_ 2.7 goes EOL).

Given that 3.4 is supported in distros for longer than that (and has a
much easier upgrade path to later releases than 2.7), I don't know if
this is necessarily a hard reason to exclude it, but given we've been
talking about EOLs, I thought I'd mention it.

Dan

[0] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0429/