Re: Cloud-init service showing inactive after startup.

For what its worth, the code in ds-identify is relying on a feature
that went into CloudStack in version 4..6 which was released in 2015.

If you do not know why your cloudstack installation does not have this
functionality you might want to look at upgrading.