Re: Ubuntu 22.04 - Cloud init and global timeouts

Timeouts that long usually indicate that your instances are misidentifying
a datasource and trying to connect to it. Check the last few lines of
/run/cloud/ds-identify.log and ensure the datasource detected is what
you're expecting. If not, ideally that would be fixed in your image/cloud
setup, but you can also manually specify the datasource(s) to use/detect in
/etc/cloud.cfg or /etc/cloud.cfg.d. For example, to specify using only
Openstack, you could write

datasource_list: [ Openstack ]

to /etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/99_datasource.cfg. Note that if a single
datasource is specified, cloud-init will automatically use it. If more than
one is specified, cloud-init (via an early boot script called ds-identify)
will check to see which datasource it should be using. If no
suitable datasource can be found, cloud-init will be disabled.

If that's not helping, Openstack timeouts can also be configured in
/etc/cloud/cloud.cfg[.d]. The details can be found here:
https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/datasources/openstack.html#configuration

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
James