Re: DNS name resolution not working

   Hi Michael.

   The result is the same regardless of what I put in /etc/resolv.conf,
even if it is absolutely correct, so I don't think the problem is the
contents of that file... I suspect for whatever reason, it is not being
processed at all.

   I have confirmed that those hangs do go away after adding those Amazon
hostnames to "/etc/hosts", so all of my symptoms are part of the same DNS
issue.

   Thanks.

--
Larry Menard
"Defender of Geese and of All Things Natural"