Re: Another Topic - IRC channel?

On 4/8/2010 9:41 PM, Garrett Serack wrote:
Good Call.

Is there an easy way to archive an IRC channel? ... that's the benefit with a mailing list, but yeah, I prefer the immediacy of IRC.

Lets set it up.

As far as archiving conversations, we'd need a bot set up to do logging and we'd need to mention in our topic what that bot is and that it's logging.

But that's probably a decision that the people who decide to frequent the channel should make ;) Might be better to simply copy and paste (or get a little bot who will grab a set of lines and publish it somewhere) since sometimes not everything in a channel is useful in a purely project oriented way.

Ugh, I'm a bad girl - two posts in a row...

Thanks,
Elizabeth M Smith