Re: Strictness of the Directory Structure

Although deliberate customizations are nice-to-haves, CoApp (to my
understanding) is not your average application installation.  It wishes to
be viewed as an open-source oriented add-on to Windows environments --
somewhere between a regular software application and the base Windows files.
 Heck, it will probably evolve to become another set of check-boxes in the
Windows Features of the Add/Remove Programs control panel.

That being said, if your base Windows installation drive barely supports
Windows then you probably have bigger issues to worry about.

I would encourage viewing CoApp as the go-to for dependency libraries for
open-source software on Windows (similar to the dependency nature of the
.NET Framework or DirectX) and NOT as just another binary installation
experience.  Let's keep in mind that, as of right now, its nature is not a
series of dialog boxes for a casual user to use... rather, it will be the
repository OTHER installers would rely upon to make sure specific versions
of libraries are, in fact, installed alongside the core application files.

- nasser