Bundling x64 and x86 binaries in the same library package?

For Library packages (static and dynamic) I'm wondering if we shouldn't just put both variants in the same package-still installing the WinSxS binaries appropriately, and putting the .lib files in the correct spot.

This would actually conserve disk-space, since the x64 and x86 versions of the packages could share include & doc directories, and we could use symlinks for that.

Garrett Serack | Microsoft's Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on Windows.

GIF image

Follow ups